CASA lives and operates by the following guiding principles:
- Every abused and neglected child has the right to grow up in a safe, stable, and nurturing home environment with healthy family connections.
- Abused and neglected children need consistent, positive adult relationships and support networks to thrive.
- Professional volunteers trained in evidence-based practices and trauma-informed care can help abused and neglected children navigate complex public systems of care and make or inform their health and educational decisions.
- A holistic approach to child welfare that encompasses the emotional, spiritual, physical, and psychological aspects of their well-being yields better health and developmental outcomes.
- Our Board of Directors, staff and volunteers should be inclusive of and represent the diversity and lived experience of the children we serve.
- Volunteers, donors, and funders should be well-informed about the impact and value of their support.