- As CASA actively monitors the COVID-19 situation, we are acutely aware of how it is impacting the children and youth we serve.
- With schools closed, consistency and stability are critical now more than ever. While our physical office is closed, CASA staff is working remotely to close the gaps in the system and to ensure that children and families still have the resources they need during this crisis.
- Our biggest challenge right now is that we cannot currently meet with the children we serve face-to-face which makes it more challenging to assess their safety and wellbeing. Our volunteers call or video chat with their youth weekly to reassure, comfort, and listen to their CASA child’s concerns as they help them navigate through these uncertain times.
- In terms of CASA’s financial health and sustainability, we’ve had to cancel two of our larger fundraising events that were scheduled in the next couple of months, which will greatly impact our annual budget. We are grateful to all of our CASA champions who have stepped up to support us in the last few weeks.
In 2006, we established the Ann Rhoads Fund to support the special needs of CASA children and youth. CASA will be utilizing this critical fund during this crisis to help meet the needs of kids we serve and ensure that they and their caregivers have the resources they need to weather this storm, such as purchasing electronic devices so kids can participate in remote learning during school closures, diapers and wipes for infants, food gift cards for families experiencing food insecurity, and transportation assistance to attend necessary medical appointments. We anticipate a significant increase in these types of needs and concerns over the coming week. Please click here to donate.
- We are grateful to those who have signed up to be GEMs (Give Every Month). We need GEMs like you to replicate the consistency our volunteers dedicate to their CASA youth by committing to donate every month. Donate Now!
- Now through April 30 2020 CASA Youth Advocates has moved to remote operations. We can be reached at email@example.com and are monitoring our phone line - 610-565-2208. Please be patience with response times due to non-traditional remote work hours.
Our Mission & Vision
We envision a bright future for all children that includes a safe and stable home environment, consistent relationships with caring adults, and supportive child welfare, education, and health systems of care.
Our mission is to help abused and neglected children live well, achieve academic excellence, and experience the joys of childhood by providing them with trained volunteer Advocates who speak for their best interests.